Additive manufacturing (AM) is the industrial name for 3D printing. It is a computer-based process that creates three-dimensional objects by depositing materials in the form of layers. It is a process in which layers are topped on each other to form the 3D objects. additive manufacturing singapore is the best manufacturer of 3D objects. These 3D designs are generally made on a computer using CAD (computer-aided design). Then, after all the finalization, these designs are sent to the manufacturers and made the natural 3D objects.
- Sintering: In this technology, the material is heated to a point where it is not liquified to create complex objects with high resolution. Direct metal sintering uses metal powder, and selective laser sintering needs the particle to stick together, so they use a laser on thermoplastic powders.
- Melting: In this technology, the material is fully melted, including direct laser metal sintering and electron beam melting. Electron beam melting uses electron beams to melt the powder.
- Stereolithography: This technology uses a process called photopolymerization. In this process, an ultraviolet laser creates torque resistance that will endure extreme temperatures.
Advantages of using Additive Manufacturing
- They can make complex 3D objects with little wastage.
- Due to the digital designs, it is easier to do design alterations at the manufacturing time.
- Due to less material wastage, the cost of the final products is comparatively less.
Additive Manufacturing is exciting and is very efficient in making complex 3D products. These products are firstly made in CAD, so it will be easier to alter the designs. This is an efficient way to make 3D objects.